My Favorite Haircare Products for Maintaining My Colored Red Hair!

I finally did it, I finally summed up enough courage to go out of my comfort zone and go for an outrageous hair color! My hair is naturally dark brown, almost black. I haven't really experimented much and would usually just dye my hair brown or go as light as light brown. However, life isn't really for wanting things and never trying them. If there's anything I learned from watching Game of Thrones (and real life), it is the fact that we only live once so might as well make the most out of it!

My Favorite Haircare Products for my Maintaining My Colored Red Hair!



Don't worry, this won't be an inspirational post. I just wanted to share what made me go from black hair to blond hair, and finally, get colored red hair like the red woman in Game of Thrones. 

Melissandre's Hair in Game of Thrones?


By the way, I wasn't really going for Melissandre's hair. A lot of readers have asked me this because they know how much I love Game of Thrones and Melissandre did quite a lot in Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 3. This hair is more than 10 days old when that episode aired. I just wanted pink hair but the first dye I used turned out to be cotton candy pink and it's just too neon for my liking. That's why I topped it up with April Skin Turn Up Color Treatment and it worked! For the record, I've already had honey blonde hair since January 2019 and I just got tired of it. 


So as you can imagine, bleaching my black hair for my black hair to blonde hair transformation already dried up my hair. I used Aritaum Colorize Hair Bleach and while it is mild compared to other DIY hair bleach, I did use it twice to achieve the lightness I wanted because the first pass was too brassy. When I changed my hair from blonde hair to red hair, I made sure to choose products that will be kinder to my hair and not cause more damage. 


Below are my current mainstays for the past weeks!


Hair Fairy Dry Shampoo


When I first tried Hair Fairy Dry Shampoo, I really wasn't expecting much because it was so affordable and a lot of expensive dry shampoos have already let me down. My first one was given to me and I think it chilled in my drawer for months until I finally tried it. Lo and behold, this dry shampoo doesn't make me cough, works well on greasy roots, instantly freshens hair, has no lingering chemical scent, and is small enough to actually fit in an overnight bag! I find that I can use this for 3 days straight before needing to wash my hair. No ugly residue too so double yay for those with colored hair!


Mise En Scene Hair Serum


My first Mise En Scene Hair Serum was from an Althea Beauty Box a couple of years back. I've repurchased this hair serum several times since then. I like that a little goes a long way and you can actually use the Mise En Scene Hair Serum several days in a row for unwashed hair without it looking or feeling heavy. 


My Amazing Blow Dry Secret Quick Dry Shake N Spray


I've been raving about the My Amazing Blow Dry Secret Quick Dry Shake N Spray for years now and good reason. I have super thick hair and I'm not really into using a blow dryer each time I wash my hair. For air drying long, thick hair, My Amazing Blow Dry Secret works wonders. It gives volume and shine without heat application. I try to stay away from heat because that can damage colored hair. With this product, I can have good hair days without really spending a lot of time styling my hair. 


April Skin Turn-Up Color Treatment


I've had my several tubes of April Skin Turn-Up Color Treatment for a while now but only recently got the courage to use it. Major con is the color bleeding each time I wash my hair but I think that for a temporary hair color, it is holding up quite well. I'm not sure if I will use the same color for retouch but this product is totally okay to use multiple times because this is not really a hair dye, more like a colored hair treatment. Note that for this reason, you need to have bleached or light hair for the color to be visible. 


BeachBorn Sunset Spray


I've been using Beachborn Sunset Spray for about a year now and I appreciate it, even more, these days that I don't wash my hair every day! It is a thin liquid that acts as a detangler and anti-frizz serum but doesn't feel heavy at all. I find that a bottle lasts more than a month so this is super sulit for just P180. 


Tangle Angel Hair Brush


The Tangle Angel Hair Brush is a lifesaver! I know that this hair brush seems like an overpriced product (because it is not cheap) but really saved my colored red hair from breakage. The ends of my hair are prone to tangles and super dry but this hair brush can detangle without tugging or hair breakage. I just consider this an investment so it won't hurt as much, haha!


I usually switch my shampoo and conditioner on the daily but a great locally-available option is the Love Beauty and Planet Rose and Mumuru Butter shampoo and conditioner. Do you have recommendations for maintaining colored red hair?

UPDATE: Try Cream Silk Keratin Rescue Ultimate Color Revive for a budget-friendly sulfate-free conditioner for your colored hair! Works like a charm!

Let's stay connected!
Email Me: pinaybeautyandstylelover @ gmail.com

 #filipinablogger #filipinavlogger #filipinayoutuber #pinaybeautyblogger #pinayyoutuber #pinayblogger #topmakeupguruphilippines #philippinesbeautyguru #pinaybeautyandstyle #pinaybeautyandstylelover #filipinabeautyblogger #manilablogger #manilayoutuber #bbloggersph #beautyblogger #bbloggerph 

Contact Pinay Beauty and Style Blogger!

Name

Email *

Message *