Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang Ylang Shampoo and Conditioner Review

Love Beauty and Planet Philippines launched their summer collection just a few days ago but here I am already raving about the Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang-ylang Shampoo and Conditioner! 

Yes, this is a rave review after just 4 days of use (which I will update later) because I really think their products deserve huge thumbs up!


Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang Ylang Hope and Repair Shampoo and Conditioner Review 



What is/are Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang Ylang Shampoo and Conditioner?



They are part of the Love Beauty Planet Summer Collection launch together with the Coconut Water and Mimosa Flower collection. The Coconut Oil and Ylang-ylang shampoo and conditioner are:
  • vegan
  • vegetarian
  • made with mild cleansers
  • made with fast-rinse technology (just 10 seconds to rinse off)
  • packaged in recyclable bottles
  • formulated free from dyes and silicones
  • made from ethically sourced ingredients
  • 96% biodegradable
  • cruelty-free
  • paraben-free
  • amazing and splendid for dry, damaged hair IMO :)
All of the above except the last one are claims by Unilever.



Just to clarify, the collection with the Coconut Oil and Ylang-ylang is made up of 4 products; a shampoo, a conditioner, a hair oil, and a body wash. I only have the shampoo and conditioner because I wasn't sure yet if this will be good when I got them. Only the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are available in the Philippines. Now I want the whole line and also the ones available in the US like the Coconut Milk and White Jasmine line!

By the way, the Coconut Oil in the formula is sourced from the Philippines (yas!). The scent is not overpowering but lingers for the whole day. No stickiness too.

Ylang-ylang Flower Oil is usually used for perfumes just like jasmine so I was worried that the scent would be too strong. In this formula, Ylang-ylang flower oil just gives a sensual floral scent. It isn't in your face floral. It's more like sophisticated floral meets tropical from the coconut. 


Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang Ylang Shampoo


Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang Ylang Hope and Repair Shampoo retails for P390 pesos in the Philippines for a huge 400 ml bottle. I find that I need only about 5 ml to clean my long and thick hair so that's only about P5 per use. Not bad, right?


A little goes a long way for this shampoo. I usually use a tabo when bathing in the shower (I'm pinay y'all) so I dilute in a small amount of water before pouring on my hair and massaging it in. Lather is not super sudsy but quite rich. Must be because of the Coconut Oil. 

*** a tabo is just a dipper


True to their claim, rinsing is super fast and do not leave your hair with a slick feel. It feels clean but not squeaky either.


Here is the full ingredients list. Not ideal if you're super strict and all but definitely a lot better than other options in the market. 


Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang-ylang Flower Oil Conditioner


I only got this because I got the shampoo to test out but I liked this more than the shampoo! 

Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang-ylang Conditioner is very rich and perfect for my dry, bleached, and damaged hair. Just like the shampoo, this retails for P390 per 400 ml bottle


A little goes a long way. A squirt the size of a 10-peso coin is enough for my long thick hair. The formula must be more concentrated than other commercial hair conditioners.


Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang-ylang Hope and Repair Conditioner is easy to rinse as well. The scent is stronger than the shampoo. I kinda want them to release a perfume line with this scent, hahah!


Here is the full ingredients list for the conditioner. Not sulfate free but still a lot better than other options in most stores. 


Out of the summer collection, I also have the Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Water and Mimosa Flower Body Wash. That one will be in a future review. I prefer the scent of the one with Ylang-ylang because the yellow variant is better suited for my hair since it is the hydrating and repairing line. If you have limp hair, you'll probably like the blue one with Coconut Water and Mimosa Flower because that's supposed to give volume to your hair.


Just me loving my hair. Look at how much nicer my hair is here compared to my hair during the launch (launch selfie below). The ends are not super frizzy anymore!


I give both the Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Oil and Ylang Ylang Shampoo and Conditioner a whopping 5/5!

Personal findings:
-better scalp condition
-no oiliness
-no tangles
-hair looks and feels healthier
-long-lasting mild scent


You can purchase Love Beauty and Planet’s summer collections in select Watsons stores and e-commerce retailers starting March 20, 2019. I saw some in my local Watsons and Waltermart Supermarket. They are also available via Lazada at current time.

You can also visit www.lovebeautyandplanet.com/ph or https://www.facebook.com/LoveBeautyAndPlanetPH, and follow @LoveBeautyandPlanet_PH on Instagram for further details.

Let's stay connected!

Email Me: pinaybeautyandstyle @ gmail.com
abenfreeph

Contact Pinay Beauty and Style Blogger!

Name

Email *

Message *