Cathy Doll Snail DD Cream Review | What is DD Cream?

What is DD Cream? This is the question that popped n my mind when I first saw the Cathy Doll Snail DD Cream. Sure I have heard of BB Cream and CC Cream, but what is DD Cream and what's so different about it that sets it apart from other creams?

What is DD Cream

Cathy Doll Snail DD Cream Review



Okay, so this post will be a review of the Cathy Doll Snail Cream but I figured we should talk a bit about what is a DD Cream. So what is it?

What is DD Cream?


According from a reliable beauty website, DD Cream stands for Daily Defense Cream. It is some sort of glorified sunscreen that often has a lighter texture than CC Cream. However, unlike CC Creams and BB Creams, DD Creams also feature anti-aging and skin brightening properties. You can use a DD Cream without having to use a separate sunscreen because of the 'defense' action of the cream.

You might be wondering if DD Creams are really that much different from BB Creams, CC Creams, and sunscreens to have their own category. I wondered the same and although I personally think that the coining of the name is more of a marketing than a scientific move, I do appreciate it having its own category just to signify that it can also be used for the body (because CC Creams and BB Creams are generally for facial skin)


What is the Cathy Doll DD Cream?


When I first saw the Cathy Doll DD Cream, I was intrigued because I had no idea what DD creams are back then (this was more than a month ago). I admit I was also swayed by the cute pink packaging haha! I promptly made a purchase for testing. 


The packaging states that DD stands for Double Deoxy for the Cathy Doll DD Cream. They claim that this is because the product also has anti-aging benefits aside from the usual color correcting and sun protection effects of BB Creams and CC Creams.

Cathy Doll DD Cream benefits:

  • non-comodegenic
  • skin soothing
  • moisturizing
  • UV protection
  • makes skin softer
  • can remove freckles and dullness
  • can reduce dark spots and pimples


Everything that I've read in the packaging made me want to try the product even more. I've been using this product for a month now and I really waited for quite some time before posting because I wanted to be sure of what I will share with you guys :) 


OMG, the packaging! super cute and really big. This is P450-ish pesos...quite affordable considering you get a whopping 138 ml of product. 


I appreciate that all the important details are also printed on the tube,. This way, I won't have to keep the box too. Also glad that the product is good for 24 months after opening considering how big it is. 


You will have to take out the foil part before you can squeeze out the product. 

Testing out the Cathy Doll Snail DD Cream


The Cathy Doll DD Cream is thick but still light. There is nearly no coverage (this is not foundation, BB Cream, or CC Cream okay). Scent is mild and fresh and goes away less than 5 minutes after application. You can see in the photo above how it is and what it looks like after being spread out. Absorbs and sets really fast!


I use the Cathy Doll DD Cream as sunscreen for my face and body but I found out that you can mix it with a tiny bit of foundation to create a non-smudging body makeup! The photo above shows a part of my leg before and after application of the Cathy Doll DD Cream plus a dab of light coverage foundation. The photo is a close up so you can see how seamless it absorbs and how it can help even out skintone.

Inspired by the above, I found out that you can also use the Cathy Doll DD Cream as a tinted moisturizer/primer when mixed with a hint of your foundation. I don't have photos for that because I usually wear that under makeup anyway but I love how it somehow controls the oiliness in my T-zone while lightening foundations that are too dark for me. Really glad I gave in to my curiousity about finding out what is DD Cream and testing this out!
wearing the Cathy Doll DD Cream on my legs!

How about the claims?
  • non-comodegenic - Yes
  • skin soothing - Not quite sure but did not cause irritation for me
  • moisturizing - I needed extra moisturizer but that's okay
  • UV protection - Yes!
  • makes skin softer - Yes!
  • can remove freckles and dullness - my dark spots lightened and skin looks brighter
  • can reduce dark spots and pimples - Yes!

Cathy Doll Snail DD Cream Review Summary

  • Quality of texture/absorbancy: 9/10
  • Quality of packaging: 9/10
  • Longevity: 8/10
  •  Ease of use: 8/10 (only coz some might not like the white residue)
  • Value for money: 10/10 coz you get a lot for just P450-ish. 138 ml goodness!
  • Use: face and body
  • Will I buy it again: yes! 



Visit Cathy Doll Philippines at the following links:
Let's stay connected!

Email Me: pinaybeautyandstylelover @ gmail.com

 #filipinablogger #filipinavlogger #filipinayoutuber #pinaybeautyblogger #pinayyoutuber #pinayblogger #topmakeupguruphilippines #philippinesbeautyguru #pinaybeautyandstyle #pinaybeautyandstylelover #filipinabeautyblogger #manilablogger #manilayoutuber #bbloggersph #beautyblogger #bbloggerph #bestfilipinablogger #topfilipinablogger #topfilipinayoutuber #topfilipinablogger #bestpinayblogger #beautyreviews  #crueltyfree #manilabeautyblogger #Maybellinemicellarwater #maybellinephilippines #maybellineph #everbilena #ebmatte #everbilenalipsticks #everbilenamattelipsticks #makeupdupes  #sunscreen #cathydollph #cathydollphils #cathydollcontourkit #cathydollmakeup #cathydollphilippines

Contact Pinay Beauty and Style Blogger!

Name

Email *

Message *