Infracyte Cyto Clean Review - Mild and Gentle Face Cleanser for Mature Sensitive Skin

Infracyte Cyto Clean is something that I've been using on and off for more than a year. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I try not to use it up too fast and tend to save it for days when my skin is really bad. This is how difficult it is to find an effective and gentle face cleanser for mature sensitive skin!

This review is actually an updated and republished version of the first blog post I did in April last year. I wanted to add some notes and change the photos to really give justice to this mild yet effective cleanser from Infracyte. I also wanted to highlight how much I recommend this for sensitive skin no matter how old or young you are if you're okay with shelling out P1,800 for a cleanser. 

Infracyte Cyto Clean Review - Mild and Gentle Face Cleanser for Mature Sensitive Skin!



What is Infracyte Cyto Clean?



Infracyte describes the Cyto Clean as a botanical-based gentle cleanser that can remove makeup, oil, and impurities to leave only fresh and clean skin. 

The formula is a gel cleanser. It doesn't foam or create a lot of suds but you can feel how clean your face is without compromising skin hydration. 

Infracyte emphasizes that the basic step in skincare is one of the most important. They have other cleansers too but I'm sticking with Cyto Clean because it works well and is hydrating. Must be the blend of aloe vera and other herbal extracts. The brand claims that this cleanser can decongest clogged pores. I am not sure how to verify that but I did notice that breakouts would dramatically subside whenever I would switch to Cyto Clean when my skin is acting up.


Infracyte is distributed by Eiskin in the Philippines. As far as I know, they carry the whole line in the Philippines and their pricing is almost the same as in the Infracyte US website.

Summary of Cyto Clean Claims:

  • exfoliation of dead skin cells
  • skin smoothening and clarifying effect
  • removal of makeup and excess oil without stripping the skin barrier
  • may be used by all skin types.

Note that I usually use Cyto Clean when I'm also using Infracyte Vitamin C Serum (review here).


Infracyte Cyto Clean is unlike other cleansers as I've mentioned earlier. It took me a while to get used to not feeling my face squeaky clean after using this cleanser. Most cleansers I've used (including the mild ones) give me the squeaky clean feeling. 


Cyto Clean full list of ingredients:
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Tea-Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Cocamide Dea, Methyl Gluceth 10, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Slippery Elm Extract, Ivy Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Saponins, D&C Red No 33, Fd& C Yellow No. 5.

Not paraben-free. For something so pricey, I expected better ingredients.


So anyway, I just use this exactly as stated in the product packaging. I use this as my daily cleanser morning and night and rinse off with lukewarn water. By the way, make sure you apply on damp face to avoid using more product than you actually need.


The bottle is the same as the Infracyte Vitamin C Serum in the sense that the bottle is dark to protect the product inside. The box is quite thick for the same reason too. Or at least that's what I think. 


As you can see here, the product is a thin gel. I usually use 2 pumps to cleanse my whole face and neck. It is really best to apply on damp face and massage on the skin for about a minute before rinsing off. 


Infracyte Cyto Clean Review Summary

This cleanser is definitely on the top 5 of the most gentle cleansers I've tried. It doesn't have a special texture or cleansing beads but it somehow works. I like that I don't even feel the need to use a moisturizer after cleansing with this and it doesn't cause irritation nor breakout for my mature sensitive skin. 

My skin has always been sensitive and acne-prone so this is okay for me but not holy Grail status. I rate this 4/5 because although this works, there are cheaper cleansers that work the same out there. 


I wasn't kidding when I said I've been using this on and off for more than a year!

A bottle retails for P1,800. About the same as a cosmeceutical cleanser from expensive dermatologists.

You can find Infracyte on social media by looking them up on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InfracytePhilippines and on Instagram: @InfracytePH


Let's stay connected!

Email Me: pinaybeautyandstylelover @ gmail.com

Contact Pinay Beauty and Style Blogger!

Name

Email *

Message *