Happy Skin Power Pout Lip Lacquer Review in Hear Me Roar

Hear Me Roar is a phrase that always reminds me of the Lannisters in Game of Thrones so when I found this Happy Skin Power Pout Lip Lacquer at the back of my drawer, I just can't help but to try this on despite my reservations with using any gloss or lacquer type of lip product. I'm actually kicking myself over this because I can't believe it took me this long to take this for a spin. If it weren't for Cersei Lannister going mad queen mode with her legendary power pout and the House Lannister words "hear me roar" echoing in recent Game of Thrones episodes, I won't have tried this Lip Lacquer from Happy Skin!

Sorry, I can't help referencing Game of Thrones because the shade name of this Happy Skin Lip Lacquer is exactly the same as House Lannister words 'Hear Me Roar'.

Happy Skin Power Pout Lip Lacquer Review in Hear Me Roar



Happy Skin Power Pout Lip Lacquer, What Is It?



Happy Skin Philippines described this product as a non-sticky lip lacquer that delivers color and shine for a fuller and plumper pout. The formula features a blend of apricot kernel oil, olive oil, aloe oil, and jojoba oil for deep hydration. The formula is also wax-free so it doesn't feel heavy and stickiness is kept to a minimum.

PRICE P699 per 3.5 ml tube

I believe I bought this in Rustan's around 2 years ago if I am not mistaken. 


Happy Skin packaging reminds me of play makeup, that's why I'm not very keen on toting their products in my makeup kit. Their products are good though. I'm writing about their lip lacquer because I can't stop wearing it for the past days!


Happy Skin Lip Lacquer claims to be highly pigmented and lightweight. They say that all you need is one coat and you're good to go. 


I find that the product is indeed true to their claims. It has a slight stickiness to it but it goes away a few minutes after application. The shines stays so that's great! Lakas maka-90s, lip gloss era!


This product is made in the Philippines, by the way. The brand Happy Skin is cruelty-free and paraben-free.


The applicator is a real winner. The wand has a pointed tip so you can really shape your cupid's bow and the sides of your lips for a sexier pout. The space in the middle holds enough product for application on the entire lips. 


Hear Me Roar is a red orange shade but it can also look like a cool-toned red under some lights. Because of my natural skin pigment and red hair color, it tends to lean more on the dark pink side when applied lightly on my lips. 


 Happy Skin Power Pout Lip Lacquer Review in Hear Me Roar Summary

  • Lasting power: 3-4 hours
  • Stickiness: tolerable, will go away after a few minutes or when you blot the extra
  • Ease of application: needs some practice
  • Wearability: fair, may not be great if you got long hair and going somewhere windy
  • Feel: very lightweight! One of the lightest lacquer type lip products I've worn. Great for summer and for those with dry lips. 

Overall rating 4/5



Let's stay connected!

Email Me: pinaybeautyandstylelover @ gmail.com

Contact Pinay Beauty and Style Blogger!

Name

Email *

Message *