Fall Skincare Favorites 2016 (for Combination Sensitive Skin)

My favorite season is finally here! 

In case you're from somewhere else, it is officially fall (aka autumn) as of a few days ago in the northern hemisphere! I can't wait for the pumpkin pies, nut pies, weekends with pot roasts, and wearing my favorite sweaters again!

Fall Skincare Favorites 2016 (for Combination Sensitive Skin)


Too bad that my skin often starts acting up in fall...

You see, I've got sensitive acne-prone skin that oils up like a well half the time and is as dry as the Sahara some other time. 

I swear my skin has bipolar personality!


Kidding aside, I often need to start really taking care of my skin before winter rolls in or I'd be in trouble. 

The products below are truly skincare favorites of mine. I use at least half of them year-round but they've got a special place in my heart once cold weather commences. Read on to find out why I love them!

Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Lotion


Hey, if you've been reading some of my past posts, you know how much my skin loves Shea butter!

For some reason, my skin drinks up most products with Shea butter in it without making me feel sticky. That's super important for me because I easily break out in a sweat even when it is cold.

I want skincare that nourishes my skin, keeps it feeling hydrated, and protects it from the environment. Bonus points if it smells like dessert too! That's why I have a stash of the Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Lotion since I discovered when one was gifted to me!

The whole line is addicting, really. Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin products are so divine! 

I'm in love with the body spray but never looked back when I discovered the lotion. The scent lingers for longer but is a bit more subtle than the body spray (although they have the same scent). Plus, this baby makes my skin feel like a baby's. That's a win-win!

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser


I really don't know why but my skin gets so dry and red when it is cold and then spews oil just a few hours after. Like, "what's up with that, skin?"

I found out that the best way to deal with this issue is to use mild products that do not strip off my skin's natural hydration. If you've been watching my YouTube videos, then you know how difficult that quest was for me, haha! 

Anyway, fast forward to now and I might have just found my holy grail face wash in Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser.

I know it's a bit too early to tell because I've only been using this for less than 2 weeks but I really cannot find anything wrong with it. Lots to love and nothing to hate...

...for sure,  the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser won't take off piles of makeup (use a makeup remover, duh!) but it's great for when you want to wash your face in the morning to prepare for your day. My rosacea is behaving nicely and I'm happy!

Celeteque Brightening Alcohol-Free Toner


The Celeteque Alcohol-Free Brightening Toner is another recent-ish find. I was actually hoping to try Celeteque's Hydration Toner (because parts of my face are drying up due to stress) but it wasn't available at the store at the time I went shopping. I've only picked up the  Celeteque Alcohol-Free Brightening Toner because it was on BOGO.

Best decision EVERRRR!

My only regret is not picking up more when this was one sale. I should have hoarded everything!

As for what this does, I do not really see any whitening effect (as most brightening products in Asia does) but I do see that my skin looks a tad healthier. 

Is that the brightening effect of this toner? I don't know. Simply finding a toner that does not sting, does not make me break out or have a red face is more than enough for me. That's how you ride the #sensitiveskinlife!

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum‎



Okay, I'll start by getting it out there that I don't really use the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum‎ the way that it should be used. 

What can I say? I'm a rebel!

So what do I do with this?

I use the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum‎ as a foundation-mixer of sorts. I know some of you out there may be cringing at that but hey, it works!

You see, I love full coverage foundation. The problem is, full coverage foundation can look cakey when you have dry patches or if you have combination oily skin. That's a disaster!

I simply take half the product in a capsule of the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum‎ and mix that with my foundation before application. You can also use this under foundation but that will not look as nice as adding this to your foundation. More so, some foundations just slide off your face when you have this on. 

What the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules Daily Youth Restoring Serum‎ does when mixed with full coverage foundation is that it gives you a natural-looking finish upon application. You can also powder as much as you want and experience little to non-existent cakiness. I actually get compliments that my makeup looks airbrushed. I think that means this works!

Oh, and I noticed that my skin feels a lot better when I use this on its own as well...but the foundation-mixer method is my fave!

Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist


It was never a secret that I have a crazy work schedule. Lots of travel, all-nighters, sleeping on planes, and the like. There are days that my skin looks like parchment paper even though it's supposed to be oily!

Air travel is kryptonite for the skin. Even long-wear makeup can't hold up against it. 

Sure, some people may be thinking to simply not wear makeup, but my schedule is so packed that I often have to go straight to a scheduled talk right after landing. I have no time to put on makeup or make myself look presentable in between...plus I can't do my face in public (like a plane) so there...

What I'm trying to say is I need something to help me look fresh and plump up my skin right after travel and throughout the day. The Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist does that perfectly and more!

I also use the Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist as a light daily moisturizer. Try it and be surprised!

Eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm


You know this favorites list won't be complete without a lip product.

Yeah, I know that I'm always sporting dark rich lipsticks on Instagram, doing swatches of matte liquid lipsticks on YouTube, and posting about the latest lip releases on Facebook...

...well, none of those products belong to my fall skincare favorites!

What a lot of people tend to forget that the lip is skin too.

In fact, the skin over our lips can be even more sensitive than skin elsewhere because it is a lot thinner. Good thing that the skin over our lips has a fast turnover rate or everyone who loves matte lipsticks won't have lips to speak of now, haha!

I do love matte lipsticks, the longer lasting they are, the better for me...until the time I take the lippie off and discover the lip situation underneath! Is it just me or do your lips chap like there's no tomorrow after wearing long-lasting lipsticks? It's so strange because my lips rarely feel dry except after the day I imprisoned it under 100 coats of lipstick! (just kidding!)

The only lip balm I use to address the situation above is the EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm.

Hey, I know some of you may think this seems too cutesy-cutesy, but admit it, just looking at an EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm feels so satisfying because of the shape. I bet you know at least one person who collects EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balms like Pokemons!

I first fell in love with the EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balms a few years ago because of the unique packaging and scents. I love having the various flavors and displaying them on my vanity. It was so much fun!

Anyway, I'm not including EOS Lip Balms in this list just because they're cute. I love them because they do what they are supposed to do. I mean, don't you hate it when other lip balms rub off within minutes and don't really do anything?

EOS Lip Balms also has Shea butter (again, my fave skincare ingredient, no less!) and the flavoring used in the balms are all-natural! Paraben-free and cruelty-free too! What's not to love?

Using EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm ensures that I can revive my zombie lips overnight or in just an hour. It's one of my fave travel accessories too! Why? Coz it's so cute!

What are your fall favorites?

Let's stay connected!

Email Me: pinaybeautyandstylelover @ gmail.com
#filipinablogger #filipinavlogger #filipinayoutuber #pinaybeautyblogger #pinayyoutuber #pinayblogger #topmakeupguruphilippines #philippinesbeautyguru #pinaybeautyandstyle #pinaybeautyandstylelover #filipinabeautyblogger #manilablogger #manilayoutuber #bbloggersph #beautyblogger #bbloggerph #bestfilipinablogger #topfilipinablogger #topfilipinayoutuber #topfilipinablogger #bestpinayblogger #beautyreviews
#everbilena #EBadvance #sampleroomph #sampleroonvip #Eoslipbalms #burtsbeesfacegoodies #elizabethardenph #fallfavorites #matureskin #sensitiveskin #oilyskin #asianskincare #shiseido #shiseidoibuki #celeteque #celetequedermo

Contact Pinay Beauty and Style Blogger!

Name

Email *

Message *